Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Which Triathlon Was She Watching?

I saw a letter to the editor entitled Triathlon, and I was prepared to read another horror story about how somebody was stuck in traffic and could not get to church, Caffe Pronto, or anywhere else. However, to my great amusement, the letter writer could scarcely contain her anticipation for future triathlons in years to come.

So said she:

All who were there on the morning of Sunday, Sept. 9, whether participants or spectators, had an exciting day.

I can't wait until next year!

I suppose all those who intended to be spectators had a good time, but on behalf of those who wanted a gallon of milk and were made spectators as a result of gridlock, I will respectfully disagree.

Once again, this blog's stance on the triathlon:
-event in and of itself not bad
-should occur only IF adequate planning and minimal (i.e. less than it was) inconvenience is possible

No comments: