Wednesday, November 7, 2007

City Finance Review: My Gift To You

So...........

I filed a request for information under the guidelines of the Freedom Of Information Act, and here is what I asked for:

A record of every non-payroll financial transaction for the most recent fiscal year that has been completed, including payee, amount, and which department and/or line item was affected.

I requested the information in electronic format so as to avoid the $.25 per copy charge, but I have been informed that such a format is unavailable.

Lacking the time or know-how to investigate the claim that the city only maintains paper records, and feeling deep-pocketed as a result of being the big winner at a recent poker night, I have agreed to pay the $150 necessary to print the 600 pages of documents.

I will let you know when I have made heads or tails of the information, which will likely be in January.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be blown away if these politicians provide you with any information.

I hope that there will be a time soon that the public will start to fire and vote criminals out of the offices.

I think that we need to reconsider allowing them to stay in office for more than 3 months. If they don't do it in 3, yank them out and replace them with people willing and hungry to do the job.

And none of this nepotism that runs rampant in Chuckie County.
That would be very nice.