Monday, November 19, 2007

City Spokesman Berates City Council

**THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED**

This is definitely not a rumor--I saw it with my own eyes. I feel bad for Ray Weaver because I agree with his cause, but this is a good story.

After the council meeting ended, City Spokesman Weaver approached the council and started yelling! He admonished the council for their dog and pony show, and for causing such chaos by shrewdly and sneakily refusing to vote on the plastic bag ban. Mr. Weaver was so animated that he required a directive from the City Attorney just to calm down!

To restate, a city employee screamed at his indirect bosses and his direct boss because he was fed up with all the political nonsense! Imagine the scene--the stoic council chambers witnessing the passion and fury of a man whose week was just ruined by having to deal with confused and angry citizens demanding to understand what the City Council just did on their behalf.

I have to hand it to Mr. Weaver--he did what any of us would have wanted to do in the same situation. Heck, I had the same reaction on this blog. Now that I think about it, I am the newest member of the Ray Weaver fan club.

No comments: