Thursday, November 8, 2007

Letter To My Elected Officials

I emailed my elected officials (with the exception of Ron George, because I know he already agrees with me, and I don't want to waste either of our time), and urged them to......well, you know:

Senator, Mr. Speaker, and Representatives:

I live in Annapolis in district 30, and urge you to vote against ANY tax increases. Please work to reduce spending to balance the budget.

I specifically urge you to vote against HB 11, HB 30, and SB 2; however, I will take notice of your votes on EVERY BILL in the special session and the regular sessions, and will not vote for you if you do not work to stop the tax increases, especially during the special session.

While I live in Annapolis, I operate a service based business in P.G. county that gives full time employment to 14 people, most of them Marylanders, including retirement and health benefits. If you approve a tax on services, not only will I not be able to hire as many people, I am vulnerable to a competing company from DC or VA undercutting my prices, which would put all of us out of work.

Please act as your constituents want you to--you are accountable to us, not the Governor.

Sincerely,
Brian Gill

These things are effective (just look at Jessica's law in this state), and I hope you will do the same if you feel the same way. If you don't feel the same way and actually think that we need these taxes at this time, please email me because I will put what you have to say as a front page post on this, the 77th most popular political blog in ward 5.

No comments: