Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Breaking: The City's Public Works Building Is On Fire

--UPDATE--

The fire is out and Spa Rd. will be opened by 10!

---

I received this alert from the city
Annapolis Fire is on the scene of a fire at the City's Public Works Complex
in the 900 Block of Spa Road Spa Road is closed from Hilltop Lane to Smithville
Street, unknown for how long. This is a major route and traffic may be severely
affected, not only in that area, but city - wide, as usual Spa Road
motorists take alternate routes.

We will keep you updated, but for now, it is best to avoid the area if
possible.

I would ask my battalion of beat reporters to take a digital picture and send it to me so I can post it for the world.

...not sure if this is related to neglect in any way, but I want to be at the emergency funding meeting when they try and figure out how to pay for a new building/repairs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the mayor? Where's Agee? Whose in charge?

Brian Gill said...

Answer: The Mayor is out of town. Classie Hoyle is the acting mayor. Nobody is in charge.

Anonymous said...

jesus christ almighty. the mayor did not burn the building down. Everyone knows that insurance claims take eons to process.

Anonymous said...

jesus christ almighty. the mayor did not burn the building down. Everyone knows that insurance claims take eons to process.

Brian Gill said...

Now that Jane says that, the insurance thing makes me curious. I remember Alderman Stankivic telling me that the city is self-insured for some things. I wonder if they have typical insurance or they have to dip in to one of their own funds.

Anonymous said...

Brian,

I believe you're right that the City is self-insured. But, that doesn't mean they dip into their own funds. They just dip into OUR funds.

Bob McWilliams