Thursday, November 4, 2010

Return To Glory

Hey party people!  It's been a long time.  We're getting the band blog back together!  Now that the business of getting actual politicians elected has been accomplished, it's time to re-focus on what the world has been clamoring for: wandering and purposeless rants conducted safely from my living room couch.  If you feel that not enough people express their opinions on topics that you don't really care about, then this blog is for you!

Here are the rules, some of which are new.


1.  The content can be about anything, not just politics.  The only requisite is that it interests me, and hopefully you too will find either the content or the entertainment value worthwhile.


2.  No advertisements.  Nothing against blogs that try and monetize, but that's not my deal.



3.  Rumors are allowed.  Here's why:

I found myself involved in an internal debate regarding the professionalism of publishing a rumor, and after nearly 6 minutes of deliberation, I have determined that publishing rumors is acceptable for the following reasons:


-I will never publish anything that I know to be false.

- I offer a disclaimer and do not claim such rumors to be facts.

- Publishing a rumor offers the readership of this blog a chance to research the rumor to see if it's true, and if it is true, we have contributed to the body of knowledge. In other words, if I publish a rumor about something crazy going on, then like 8 people keep their eyes peeled for crazy goings on, we are more likely to find out the craziness if it is really happening.

-'Professionalism' implies a profession--i.e. a money making exercise--and seeing that this blog is a consuming asset rather than a producing asset--i.e. I don't get a red cent for doing this--I can be as professional or unprofessional as I want.

4.  I get super annoyed by the spam, but blogger claims to be able to automatically detect spam so I'm going to leave the comments unmoderated for now and see what happens.  If you leave a comment it will most likely be posted.  I can only remember deleting 1 comment and it was when the daughter of an elected official was called an awful name by the commenter.  It doesn't matter to me if you are anonymous or use a fake name, but your right to free speech will be balanced by my prerogative to deny useless or inappropriate comments.

That's about it.  Happy Reading!

No comments: