Monday, January 7, 2008

Shooting Last Night In Robinwood

I haven't seen this story anywhere else yet, probably because I haven't picked up today's paper, but I nonetheless have determined that I am "scooping" you kind people with this story, which I believe to be the first shooting of 2008.

The police today reported that they responded to a call for shots fired in Robinwood, a HACA community:

On Jan 6th at 10:04pm, officers with the Annapolis Police department responded
to the 1300 block of Tyler Ave for several calls for shots fired. Upon getting
to the area several casing were located but no victim could be found. Witnesses
reported that the victim had gotten into a white SUV and left the area. A short
time later a call was received for a white SUV that had been involved in a motor
vehicle accident in the area of Chinquapin Round Rd. When the officer arrived,
the shooting victim from the Tyler Ave call was located. The was victim was
identified as Keith Cornish 30, he advised he had been standing in Robinwood
when approached by another male. The male threatened the victim then shot him in
the leg. He was transported to Baltimore Shock Trauma suffering from a wound to
the leg. The investigation is still on going.

View Larger Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the Crapital:

Man reports being shot in Robinwood
Annapolis - A 30-year-old man was shot last night in the Robinwood community, city police said.

Police responded at 10:04 p.m. to the 1300 block of Tyler Avenue for the report of shots fired, but were unable to find a victim.

Then witnesses told police that the victim left the area in a white SUV. Officers found the vehicle on Chinquapin Round Road after it was involved in a car accident.

The victim, identified as Keith Cornish of Hilltop Lane, told police he was standing in Robinwood when he was approached by another man who shot him in the leg.

He was flown to Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore with serious but nonlife-threatening injuries. Mr. Cornish was discharged just after midnight, a hospital spokesman said.