Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Facts of Annapolis Life

The one and only sports column I read often makes me laugh, and sometimes the author just punts the column and writes a list he calls "23 more facts, tried and true", or something of this nature.

I too will now use this format, as I realized that you don't have to pay attention to current events, or be timely or particularly insightful.

(This blog is an expert at being only marginally insightful. And since the definition of an expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less, I doubt AP has any claim to legitimacy.)

All you have to do is be relevant, and entertaining. So here is my list, tried and true, of 10 stone cold facts of Annapolis life, listed in reverse order for added drama:

10. People will always feed the seagulls downtown, no matter how many signs say "help keep our downtown beautiful".

9. No restaurant will ever succeed at the Main St./Conduit St. corner across from Chick and Ruth's.

8. Carl Snowden will always have a job.

7. Has anyone seen a market house?

6. Midshipmen are more annoying than they are charming.

5. If more Irish Pubs mean more bagpipe music, then call me Martin O'Malley. Err, maybe a different Irish name.

4. If more growth of government means higher property taxes every year, then call me Ebeneezer Scrooge.

3. It's a good thing they don't broadcast the city council meetings in high-def.

2. Our kids will grow to love crabs, possibly without ever having a crab from the Chesapeake Bay.

1. The city won't get any better unless YOU help.

No comments: