Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Reciprocation

Capital punishment saw it fit to praise this blog, and in this post I endeavour to do the same for him, and others.

When I started writing this blog a few months ago, I did it mainly for my own benefit--as a fun way for me to stay involved and keep up on city happenings. One of the first people to contact me was CP's publisher, Paul Foer, and since then we have become friends, and tend to agree on most ways to make this city better.

I also have received feedback and interaction from concerned citizens, as well as city officials. For this I am very grateful, and I am tickled that this blog is becoming somewhat of a voice for the local issues.

Compared to most public servants, activists, and politicians, I am young and inexperienced. It is my desire to continue to be a sponge--soaking up the information regarding how the city works, and trying to apply any enthusiasm and logic that I have to efforts to make this city better. I have lived here for all of my 26 years, and plan to be here for the rest of my life--pending approval from Mrs. Politics.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: