Monday, September 24, 2007

City Council Meeting Tonight

Tonight is public hearing night, which means we get things started at 7 pm at city hall. If any of you loyal readers will be in attendance, let me know and we can tailgate in the parking garage before hand.

To view the agenda, click here.

Some things I am interested in:

-public hearing on changing procedures for acting directors. this may seem boring, but consider this: the city code requires the director of public works to be an engineer. the mayor terminated John Patmore, and Bob Agee (the city manager) assumed the responsibilities. is he an engineer? see my point.

-pubic hearing regarding requiring certain buildings downtown to install sprinkler systems.

-public hearing on raising taxicab rates

-legislative action (a change in the rules) to vote on allowing Zu Coffee (located in the Bay Ridge Giant shopping center) to operate a drive thru window

I will post a summary tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I moved to Annapolis from Oak Harbor, Washington (pop. 22,713).

Rural, isolated Oak Harbor had 9 brew-throughs inside the city limits. Yet, in the heart of suburban/urban Annapolis, the only cup of coffee I can get without getting out of my car is from fast food outlets.

And two months for a follow-on traffic study - you've got to be kidding me!